Are you tired of feeling cooped up and gloomy all winter long? Well, the first day of spring has just passed, and what better way to welcome this season of bloom than planning a fishing adventure on Cape Cod! Whether you’re a seasoned angler or simply love spending time in nature, exploring some of the best fishing spots on Cape Cod will surely lift your spirits. So, pack your bags, grab your gear and get ready to bid adieu to those winter blues as we embark on a journey towards sun-kissed beaches and endless fishing opportunities.
Welcoming the First Day of Spring: Break Out of Winter Hibernation!
As the days grow warmer and longer, it’s clear that winter is finally coming to an end. For many of us, this can be a relief after months of bundling up and dealing with cold weather. It is also time to start thinking about getting away this summer.
But now that the first day of spring has passed, it’s time to break out of our winter funk and embrace the warmer weather! Here on Cape Cod, we know how to make the most of springtime. From fishing and boating to exploring nature trails and working outdoors, there’s no shortage of activities to get us out of our winter funk.
So whether you’re a winter lover or ready to say goodbye to the cold, we hope you’ll take advantage of everything Cape Cod has to offer this spring!
Tips and Tricks on How to Catch Your Favorite Fish
As the weather warms up and the days get longer, many of us start to feel the itch to get outside and enjoy some time in nature. And what better way to do that than by planning a fishing trip? Fishing is a great activity for all ages and can be a relaxing way to spend some time outdoors. But if you’re new to fishing, or are looking to improve your skills, here are a few tips and tricks on how to catch your favorite fish:
1. Do your research. Before heading out on your fishing trip, take some time to research what type of fish you’re hoping to catch, and what kind of bait or lure will work best. This will help ensure that you have a successful trip. If you are not sure, as a local bait shop for suggestions.
2. Be patient. Fishing takes patience and perseverance. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t catch anything right away – keep at it and eventually you’ll be rewarded with a bite (or two).
3. Try different techniques. If you’re not having any luck with one method, try something else. Whether it’s changing up your bait or trying a different spot, sometimes all it takes is a little experimentation to find success. This is where a charter captain can be priceless!
4. Have fun! Remember that fishing is supposed to be enjoyable so relax and take in the beauty of your surroundings. If you’re feeling stressed or frustrated, take a break, and come back when you’re ready – there’s no rush when it comes to fishing!
Popular Spots to Go Fishing in Cape Cod
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, Cape Cod is a great place to go fishing. There are many popular spots to choose from where you can fish from shore or in a boat, including:
1. Nauset Beach: This beach is known for its good surfcasting and striper fishing. Be aware of the sharks and don’t wade to far into the water.
2. Cape Cod Canal: the big ditch as the locals call it give you easy access to great fishing. It can get crowded, so give your neighbors some space and respect their lines.
3. Cape Cod Bay: This is a great area to fish with a charter captain. Typically, you have a short drive to get on some great flounder, bluefish, and striped bass.
4. Provincetown: Provincetown is another great place to go fishing for striped bass, bluefish and bluefin tuna with a charter captain. Race Point and Stellwagen Bank are very close. It is very common to see whales too.
5. Monomoy Rips: South of Chatham at the end of Monomoy, you will find some of the best striped bass and bluefish on Cape Cod. You will need a boat to access this area and a charter trip is a great way to spend a half day here.
Fun Activities To Do After Your Fishing Trip is Over
After you’ve finished your fishing trip for the day, there are plenty of fun activities to keep you busy on Cape Cod! Enjoy the National Seashore Vistors Center. Take a stroll down one of the many charming streets in the historic district of downtown Chatham or people watch in Provincetown. Catch a game with the world-famous Cape Cod Baseball League. Or grab a bite to eat at one of the delicious seafood restaurants on the Cape. If you’re looking for some retail therapy, stop by one of the many art galleries or boutique shops in the area. And be sure to save some time for exploring Cape Cod’s beautiful beaches!
If you would like to book a Trip with Ortus Charters, Book Here
Please support our sponsors