Wow! I blinked and it was over! Ugh! I know I say this every year, but wow the season flew by! Such an amazing season though and Captain Mark and I are so blessed to be able to spend it on the water with you all!
Thank you to all the customers who came out in 2023 to join us for a fishing adventure! We really appreciate your business and for choosing Ortus to spend the day with. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram where we have updates all season and we will offer some pre-season specials!
Over the course of a summer, many memories are created for us. Here are our top five for 2023:
- 7 hour battle with a Giant Bluefin Tuna in October that we ended up losing. Epic battle but a memory we will never forget!
- Seeing a basking shark in June on Stellwagen bank. These are rare to see and this was only the second time in the last 15 years that I’ve spotted one.
- 5 guests caught their first bluefin tuna ever! It’s so much fun to see a first timer battle these fish and land their first one!
- Catching 4 striped bass on one umbrella rig – this was a new best for the boat! Three of which were in the magical 28-31″ slot!
- Countless sunrises while we were heading out to the fishing grounds. Each one is unique and special. I never get tired of see what it may look like on that particular day
I could probably make a list of 20 memories, but those 5 come to mind quickly. The striped bass fishing was strong right into the middle of October. The bluefish were some of the biggest we’ve caught in the last 3 years. The bluefin tuna showed up in force but in some new locations that kept us on our toes mid-summer. All-in-all, just a great season and we are already working on 2024. We will make some minor boat improvements, upgrade some gear and begin the long winters prep to be ready for May 2024! We love referrals! If you had a great time with us, please refer someone. If they book, we will give you $50 off your trip with us in 2024!
We will not be taking a price increase in 2024 like we did in this past season. With the improvements in fuel efficiency from our new Suzuki engines and stable fuel prices, we feel we don’t need to ask for an increase in 2024. Enjoy a few photos from 2023 and we hope to see you on the water with us next summer!